In the summer of 2016, we launched our U.S. blog with an article titled “Let’s Talk about Foam” and we haven’t stopped talking about foam since! This blog celebrates our seventh year educating and sharing industry information, trends, and topics. Our blog is a great resource for engineers, architects, contractors, specifiers, installers, fabricators, converters, and anyone interested in the building materials or construction industry. The blog allows us to share our knowledge openly with our customers and gives us a platform for communicating about our products, their benefits, and our services.
We celebrate this milestone and are proud to be considered a thought generator and industry innovation resource. Our articles, written by in-house experts and guest bloggers, are a go-to source for information about mechanical insulation, foam components, accessories, building material trends, and much more! Let’s take a look at some of our more interesting key facts, popular topics, and frequently asked questions.
- In 1899, our company first started making cork insulation sheets composed of cork, clay, and bitumen.
- We have been the industry leader in energy saving foam insulation since 1954.
- Armacell has over 300 patents for our vast portfolio of products and solutions.
- Armacell is a member of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) initiative which is the world’s leading business network for sustainable globalization.
- The importance of insulation on residential AC units and how to replace.
- How to insulate water supply pipes like a pro.
- What is the difference between open-cell vs closed-cell foam?
- What to do about expansion joints in concrete.
- What are the different types of backer rod?
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do you choose the right insulation for a project?
- Where can I get information on specification requirements?
- What is the difference between fiberglass, rock and slag wool, cellulose, foam and elastomeric foam insulation products?
- Are component foams appropriate for acoustic applications?
- Can Armacell help me select a product with chemical resistance?
- Do you have materials that meet UL requirements?
Whether you are looking for product information, specification help, industry trends, technical data, training, or application assistance, Armacell has answers. Our website and our blog are great places to start looking and we are always one click away if you need further assistance.
Finally, don't hesitate to get in touch with us whenever you have a question about anything you've read or an idea for a future topic. Please share your stories about interesting product applications using Armacell foam. We’d love to feature a story about you!