Making easy and fun crafts at home is a simple way to enjoy the holidays. Preferred by crafters around the world, the Tundra pool noodle is a versatile PE foam tube that can be used to make festive decorations like wreaths, door hangers, garlands, stand-alone figures, and much more. This spring, many people enjoy celebrating the Easter holiday and we have a cute way to use pool noodles to make the perfect bunny decoration!
Supplies and Tools
- Two Tundra Pool Noodles
- Box cutter or similar cutting craft knife
- Safety gloves
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Ribbon or bow
- Put on safety gloves.
- Begin by making a large circle with one pool noodle by bending and securing the ends of noodle with hot glue. Spread hot glue using glue gun evenly on ends of noodle and apply pressure to push ends together getting a secure seal. Hold together for approximately 3 - 5 minutes until glue cools and noodle stays in a circle.
- Using knife, cut second pool noodle in half. Set one half aside to make ears later. Create circle with remaining half of pool noodle by bending and securing the ends of the noodle with hot glue. Spread hot glue using glue gun evenly on ends of noodle and apply pressure to push ends together getting a secure seal. Hold together for approximately 3 – 5 minutes until glue cools and noodle stays in a circle.
- Put hot glue on top of larger circle where you want the bunny’s head to be. Place smaller circle on glue on top of the larger circle, standing the smaller on top to make the bunny’s head. Press circles firmly together at glue point, being careful not to bend too much or break the circles.
- While the glue is drying on the circles, take remaining pool noodle half and slit down the center length wise to make two flat semi-circle pieces for the ears.
- Using knife, notch two small thin, one inch lengths of foam out of the smaller circle top, one each side of the bunny head where ears will be glued.
- Using hot glue gun, fill one notch with glue and place the two flat ends of the pool noodle ear into the notch on the small circle. Repeat with other ear and notch on small circle. Hold in place until glue sets, approximately 3 – 5 minutes.
- Once bunny has been assembled and glue is dry, tie a ribbon or glue a premade bow on the neck of the bunny where the two pool noodle circles meet.
- Display and enjoy!