Armacell is constantly looking at ways to improve our products while making safety a top priority. Therefore, we developed a foam with the latest technology in polymers. ArmaFlex® Ultra with FlameDefense™ technology resists burning and reduces smoke development. It is this commitment that elevated ArmaFlex Ultra to become the first elastomeric insulation Classified by UL to UL 723 at 25/50.
When engineers specify mechanical systems, they have one chance to choose advanced materials that can contribute to a system or a building’s safety. In a fire emergency, materials that are UL 723 classified have a reduced flame/smoke spread, giving occupants and first responders precious extra time. Our latest foam solution also meets the current IMC building codes which require that mechanical insulation products used in an air plenum be "listed and labeled" as achieving specific flame and smoke ratings, and that these ratings be regularly certified by a third-party lab. That’s your guarantee that ArmaFlex Ultra is a safer elastomeric insulation foam for your project, today and tomorrow.
- Protection against thermal losses, condensation, and moisture ingress
- Meets code requirements for installation in plenums
- Low water vapor permeability
- Available with and without self-adhering backer
- Refrigeration lines, line sets, chilled water pipes, hot and cold water piping
- HVAC systems, VRV and VRF systems, ducts
- Exposed ceilings and air plenums
- Commercial, mechanical, industrial, construction
- OEM transportation and equipment
Check out this video showing how ArmaFlex Ultra provides extra safety and time during an emergency.