Pipe Insulation is an underutilized, but proven technology that saves money, reduces energy loss, controls condensation, and protects pipe from freezing.
We continue to broaden access to our popular pipe insulation products. Depending on your project’s scope, you can find a selection of our core products: Polyethylene (PE) and Elastomeric (EL) foam insulation in tube form at hardware retailers like The Home Depot, Menard’s, Do-It-Best and Ace Hardware. Common pipe insulation thickness and accessories are carried in stores while additional products are made available to order online at HomeDepot.com and soon to be available on Amazon.
Retailers offer several of our core brands with products to suit performance and installation needs.
Our brands offered at retail:
- AP Armaflex® the original, elastomeric (EL) flexible closed-cell pipe foam pipe insulation for refrigeration, HVAC and plumbing.
- Tundra® economical polyethylene (PE) flexible closed-cell pipe foam insulation for residential heating and plumbing lines.
Pipe Insulation (available in semi-slit or self-seal)
- AP Armaflex (elastomeric)
- Tundra (polyethylene)
Keep in mind selecting the right accessories plays a critical role in installation and assures performance.
Fittings tees and elbows
Common Residential Uses:
- For use on hot and cold water pipes–keeps hot water hot and cold water cold
- Insulate AC refrigeration lines outdoors and in basements, attics or crawlspaces
- Safe for use with heat trace cables
- Recommended for copper, iron, PVC, CPVC and PEX piping